Monday, November 19, 2018

Unit 10: My Transition Matrix


MY TRANSITION MATRIX
You are telling a friend about how your life has changed as a result of taking this course:
“Before the course, I was not aware of the online courses and TESL program and not sure
 whether I can finish this course, now I have learned a lot. It was hard, because I didn’t have
enough TESL knowledge before. Luckily I had my peers to help me through.”

1. Before I … (Initial position)
3. Luckily, ... pulled me through (Assets)
What are the resources that you were able to draw on in your learning journey?
        My family when I needed some encouragement and support
        My boys understanding the workload I have at this time.
        My instructor for being understanding and patient
        My employer for supporting me in this journey
        The internet and google for finding out more information or searching what words meant! (got me through my readings!)
2. Now I …
        I did not know what was all entailed in teaching English as Second Language.
        I had no idea about how to create a lesson plan for the TESL Classroom
        I had no idea how to work the online system, I learned as I went along.


        I can create my lesson plans to my Ss needs
        I can do a needs assessment
        I am familiar with a lot of online tools that I never heard of or seen before but know of.
        I understand that I may have learners with mental health issues and how assist them in their time of need.
        I have a better understanding about the online system
4. It was hard, because… (Barriers)
What were the issues that stood between you and your success?

·       Learning the online system
·       Trying to keep up with work, home life, school was a journey on its own.
·       I have been tired a lot more than usual
·       Having two courses at once was stressful to keep up with
.

Provide measurable indicators.
        I did not know how to use the online course system
        I was not too familiar with a lot of terms and acronyms
        Participating in real time.
Provide measurable indicators.
        Complete Program courses
        Participate in the course discussions and activities in a timely manner
        Get good grades in TESL program
5. My goals are… (target position)

        to know more about ESL learners and teaching.
        Have a fun and safe learning environment.
        To come up with innovative and interesting lesson plans
        to have more in depth understanding of the online system and digital literacy
What can I do today to get there…?

        research ideas for lesson plans
        Collect resources about how to teach grammar to ESL students
        Start collecting resources
        Stay in touch with PLN
        Seek professional development, if possible
        Keep on keeping on!
Adapted from the work of Yishay Mor 

Creative Commons License 
Yishay Mor This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment