Thursday, November 1, 2018

UNIT 4: TECHNOLOGY: VIDEO AND AUDIO USAGE


Digital FUN-ology


I have used tablets for teaching how to develop public speaking skills, I include fun activities that eases the tension of learning and acquiring a skill at the same time.   I also use a touch screen computer to scroll up and down, so I could explain what we are reviewing, when working one-on-one with a student.  This is a good learning tool to help students learn how to develop a resume by focusing on proper writing skills. It also assists the student in understanding the requirements for the job expectations. I also have the student use an iPhone, android or tablet to promote fun in learning, such as digital treasure hunts, where students go out and find a list of things to take pictures or videos. In addition, using videos to record and assess themselves they are given a specific question to answer. This process promotes learning to trust their own decisions and to become more assertive. While doing so they are also establishing communication skills and learning to develop respectful relationships. I have researched applications for TESL and will combine them as one or more of my teaching tools, the following is a website that I found:  https://www.fluentu.com/blog/educator-english/best-apps-for-esl-teachers/ . These are all fun visual representations that I have used to help reinforce the learning process.
Digital learning is culturally appropriate because is promotes DIY (Do It Yourself)



No comments:

Post a Comment